Want a cool pizza on a hot day????
I thought maybe it would be fun to play around with dessert pizza. I have never really been fond of dessert pizza, but that might be because I only ever tried one sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. I have a great fondness for blueberries, I also like strawberries and most other kinds of berries. So I decided to make a berry cheesecake dessert pizza. The results have been very tasty!
I experimented with different ways bake the pizza with the cheesecake topping and berries, to see which way worked best. Because of this, I ended up with three really nice pizzas and not enough people to eat them! So I cut up the pizzas, put a food box on my bike and cycled around town handing out slices of dessert pizza. It was a fun way to spend a sunny mild summer day here in Washington state (yea, yea, I know the rest of you running air conditioners full time are jealous).
So here ya go…
Berry Cheesecake Dessert Pizza (will make three 11 – 12″ pizzas):
- 3 oz/85g sourdough starter (I used my whole wheat starter to add some kick to the crust)
- 14 oz/396g water
- (for a chewy crisp crust do not add oil, for a softer crust add up to 1 oz of oil (14 – 28g).
- 22 oz/623g bread flour (divided)
- .4 oz/11g salt
- 12 oz/340g cream cheese -very soft (you can soften in microwave)
- 3 oz/85g sour cream or plain yogurt
- .5 oz/14g vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (about 3.4 oz/96g)
- 1.5 oz/42g white sugar
Have fun baking… I know I do.