Buckwheat Pancakes with Blueberries.
This Buckwheat Pancake recipe is just a variation of the regular Sourdough Waffles posted on my site. I just substituted one cup of Buckwheat flour that I ground myself instead of cup of all purpose flour. Here is the recipe:
Sourdough Buckwheat Pancakes: Add together in first bowl:
- 2 cups active sourdough starter
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup milk(or instead, use one cup warm water + 1/2 cup dry milk)
- 4 beaten eggs
- 3 Tablespoons sugar or use 2 Tablespoons of malt syrup (malt syrup is preferred)
- 1/2 cup oil
- In second bowl mix together:
- 1 &1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of Buckwheat flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
To have the fluffiest pancakes, wait to stir the wet and dry ingredients until just before putting on the griddle (heat your griddle first).
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, add more water if batter is too thick
Cook on a hot griddle (about 350) and eat!
This recipe works with all starters, yet is best with Alaskan Sourdough Starter