OMGosh I have been busy! I wanted to bake up some sourdough biscuits this morning at the request of my kiddos. Of course I couldn’t just whip them up, I had to make a formula first! Well I was halfway through mixing when my boss called and said, ” Come to work stat!” Jeesh! So I said, “Hey, I have some sourdough biscuits on the way!” So these biscuits might look a bit hurried, but they were really good and I snuck a couple to work….my boss likes it when I do that.
I can really relate to you working folks now. How do you bake bread around a schedule? So I am working more with motherdoughs as they last in the refrigerator longer especially with a pinch of salt. I need to make some sourdough bread before taking off soon for advanced CERT certification and fire rescue training. If I don’t, my family will have to eat…. gulp… breath Teresa…. store bought bread Now that is neglect. Something you really would need to get rescued from….
Sourdough Biscuits in a HURRY!
In a large mixing bowl mix together:
- 6 oz/170g vigorous sourdough starter @ 100% hydration
- 5 oz/141g milk
- 5 oz/141g water
- 2 oz/56g melted butter
- 18 oz/510g All Purpose Flour (use part pastry flour if you have some)
- (I sometimes substitute part of the flour with a Tablespoon of flaxseed and/or a Tablespoon of wheat germ in my dough)
- .4 oz/11g salt
- .5 oz/15g Baking Powder (1 Tablespoon)
- .1 oz/4 g Baking Soda (1 teaspoon)
- .6 oz/17g Sugar (rounded Tablespoon)
Have fun baking… I always do!
Click here to see my sourdough baking courses: